Pend Oreille Valley CASA Program
The Pend Oreille Valley CASA Program is committed to providing every dependent child, within our jurisdictions, a voice through qualified Court Appointed Special Advocates/Guardian Ad Litems (CASA/GAL) through recruitment, screening, supervision and cross-cultural training. All of our CASA/GAL volunteers shall be well-trained and compassionate advocates for these children, who are our future.
Every child deserves a safe and loving home. Our vision is to ensure that every child that comes before our courts, under either federal or state law, has a trained and dedicated Special Advocate to promote healthy outcomes for them by helping to secure a safe and permanent home in which they can thrive for a positive future.
- Concerned community members with energy and compassion to address the needs of children and youth in the court system.
- Will receive training and support.
- Gather information and present a fact based report to the Judge, which reflects what is in the best interest of the child.
- Help the Judge make an informed decision about the child’s placement and future.
- Stay with a child’s case, supporting the child, until the case is closed.
With a CASA at their side, children know there is one special person who will be there for them that will help them find a safe, loving permanent home where their culture is honored.
If you are interested in becoming a CASA volunteer, learning more about what CASAs do or want to donate to the Pend Oreille Valley CASA program, click here.
Click here to report your training.
Click here to report mileage and volunteer hours.
|Cathleen Kintner-Christie||Court Administrator||(509) 447-7128|
|Debbie Harkness||CASA Volunteer Coordinator||(509) 447-7150|
|Kristina Gill||CASA Administrative Assistant||(509) 447-7164|